Generator fumes kill two hairdressers in Lagos

Tragedy struck in the Ogba area of Lagos State, on Monday, after two hairdressers, identified as Temitope Olagunju and one Baraka, were found dead in the shop where they worked.

It was gathered that the three women had turned on the generator and were watching television

Shortly after, it started raining and they took the generator to a small enclosure in front of the shop.

A few hours later, their boss’ husband went to the shop and met the three of them unconscious.

Our correspondent learnt that he rushed them to a hospital, where two of them were pronounced dead and the third was admitted.

Temitope’s sister, Afusat She, however, said there could be more to the death of the 26-year-old, who was married with a child.

Afusat stated, “Temitope used to go to work in the morning and return home at night. We lived together. She started working in the shop just about three weeks ago.

“We were called around 7am on Tuesday that she died in the shop. We were told that her boss was not around when the incident happened.

However, the boss’ husband said Temitope and her co-worker died. He said he had gone to give them money for food when he discovered that two of them were dead, but the third lady was foaming in the mouth.

“He said the fumes of the generator they were using killed them. He also told us that he took them to several hospitals

Our correspondent was told that while the family was preparing Temitope’s corpse for burial, blood spurted out from her nostrils

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Eight police officers removed from Presidential Villa

Wed Jun 24 , 2020
The ongoing overhaul of the security architecture at the Presidential Villa continued on Tuesday with the redeployment of eight Assistant Superintendents of Police from the presidential security team. The ASPs, who had been serving in the State House since 2015, were posted out of the Villa last Friday. However, the<a class="read-more" href="http://emagazine.com.ng/2020/06/24/kikgenerator-fumes-kill-two-hairdressers-in-lagos/"> […]</a>